Jonathan Green Black Beauty® Sunny Grass Seed
Jonathan Green Black Beauty® Sunny Grass Seed contains turfgrass varieties that perform best in full sun growing conditions due to their ability to tolerate heat and have great drought resistance. These Black Beauty® turf-type tall fescues possess a waxy leaf coating, like the skin on an apple, which preserves moisture by limiting evaporation and shielding the grass leaves from turf disease. This product performs particularly well on slopes where water runs off and in lawns with a southern exposure, whereas regular grass seed mixtures succumb to heat and drought stress. This seed germinates in 7 – 14 days.
- Ideal for sunny lawns. Grows well in 4 - 8 hours of sunlight
- Great heat and drought tolerance
- Naturally insect resistant
- Waxy leaf coating preserves moisture in the plant and protects the grass from disease
- Germinates in 7 - 14 days
- 1 lb Bag
- Overseeding – Seeds up to 850 sq. ft.
- New Lawns – Seeds up to 425 sq. ft.
- 3 lb Bag
- Overseeding – Seeds up to 2,550 sq. ft.
- New Lawns – Seeds up to 1,275 sq. ft.
- 7 lb Bag
- Overseeding – Seeds up to 5,950 sq. ft.
- New Lawns – Seeds up to 2,975 sq. ft.
- 25 lb Bag
- Overseeding – Seeds up to 21,250 sq. ft.
- New Lawns – Seeds up to 10,625 sq. ft.
Grass Type: Perennial Rye, Kentucky Bluegrass, & Tall Fescue
Grass Color: Dark green
Recommended Planting Months: For cool-season grasses
- Mid-August through mid-October
- Mid-March through mid-May
Sun Tolerance: Excellent
Shade Tolerance: Fair
Light Requirements: Full sun to partial shade (4 – 8 hours of sun)
Drought Tolerance: Excellent
Insect & Disease Resistance: Good
High Traffic Tolerance: Good
Planting Depth: ¼ inches
Germination Time: 7 – 14 days